Share Your Story
If you’d like to share your migraine story with the Achy Smile community, we would be delighted to help you raise awareness! Your story will be shared on the Achy Smile social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. Our first guest story is about Brian’s journey with chronic migraine. Response to his article was amazing and inspiring. He helps so many people, men with migraine especially, feel less alone.
There are a few requirements for your amazing, inspirational story to be featured on Achy Smile. Please know that we will edit your story for grammar, sentence structure, and flow. If you’d like, we will also rewrite to make sure it looks professional, so no need to be a professional writer or blogger!! We do that for you 😉 Your approval is always required before your story is posted. All photos must be originals and not copyrighted by another entity, we will check!
Please adhere to these requirements:
- Write up to 2,000 words about your story. Closer to 2,000 words the better. You can check your story length here.
- Write about anything about migraine or other comorbidities
- Headshot about 400 px in width (does not need to be professional or too serious)
- 3 to 4 photos of you in life. Good and bad! Photos of you enjoying life AND sick in bed. Just make sure it depicts your life as it is, no exaggerations please. No larger than 600 px in width.
- Anyone under 18 will require parental consent. A signed, notarized release will be returned to Achy Smile and a quick face-to-face interview will need to be completed with the consenting parent. It is advised that anyone under 18 submit their story anonymously or using only the first name. Any photos not showing a face is also suggested.
Again, please see Brian’s story as an example. His story was about 1,000 words.
Tell My Story!
Let’s get started!! Please fill out the form below, let us know in the message box a little bit about yourself, and we’ll be in touch soon!