Yes, we have a new place to go! I realize there are other groups for bloggers out there, but man – they had a lot of rules (with good reason of course) and not many specifically for chronic illness bloggers. When I thought about it, those rules don’t really apply to us chronic illness bloggers. We aren’t trying to sell something. We just want to vent, be heard, find someone who understands our pain, find healing, even it’s more mentally than physically. I wanted a closed support group for bloggers with a chronic illness where were we could support each other, lift each other up (we need it and often), provide editing help (because I need it and I can’t afford to pay for it!), topic suggestions, tech advice, blogging tutorials, etc. Nothing wrong with helping each other – FOR FREE. I look forward to meeting all my new spoonie Blogger friends! See you there! https://www.facebook.com/groups/chronicillnessblogger/
- If you are a current blogger – doesn’t matter if you’ve just set up your page or if you’ve been blogging for years
- Request access and provide a link to your blog
- After reviewing your blog and ensuring you are the real deal 😉 an Admin will provide you access
- Why? This helps protect our members. Facebook groups are notorious for spammers, this will hopefully help cut down on unwanted spammers and protect our closed group.
- What do we look for?
- Recent posts
- Posts about your life with a chronic illness
- If you don’t post about your illness, but post about other things, let us know. You DO NOT need to post about chronic illness, just have one. Just because you’re a spoonie doesn’t mean you have to talk about it 24/7 😉 we are so much more than a diagnosis!! Just let us know you’re a spoonie but don’t blog about it.
- If you are an aspiring blogger and DO NOT have a blog just yet, but do have a chronic illness, request access and let us know. I’m pretty sure there will be a few members willing to guide you through it. Otherwise, all the same requirements above apply.
Can’t wait to meet you!!